If you love tattooing and want to be the best tattoo artist, then there are a few things that you should know about tattoo inks. A tattoo machine is one of them. You can use a tattoo machine for tattooing people or applying tattoos on yourself.
Inks for tattoos are another thing that every tattoo artist needs to have because they help create beautiful tattoos by making colors show up better, last longer, and heal faster. Top 5 Best Inks for Tattoos will teach you which ink is the best!
Best Inks for Tattoos
This tattoo ink is water-based with no solvents, and its pigment content can be mixed to create a customized tattoo color. The Tattoo Ink company was established in 1995.
Bloodline All Around Black is one of their most popular colors for tattoos because it will give you that deep black color without any sheen or shininess on your finished tattoo design.
If you want to have a classic style tattoo piece, then this is what we recommend as our number one choice!
- Water Based Ink (No Solvents)
- Vegan Friendly
- Color shades are available (120+)
- Deep, Classic Black Design w/o Shininess or Sheen
- Tattoo ink can be mixed to create customized colors
- Comes with a dropper for easy use
- The tattoo machine can be expensive to purchase.
- The tattoo machine is not included with the bottle of tattoo ink.
- Bloodline All Around Black only comes in one size.
Dynamic tattoo ink is a tattoo machine inks that produce dark, bold solid colors with pop. It’s one of the best tattoo inks for black and gray tattoos because it does not have shimmer or sparkle.
The formula includes ingredients like carbon soot which helps create a burning ember effect on the skin when applied, giving your tattoo some added depth.
Tattoo ink also has an electric charge when mixed, so you can do custom shading by hand without using another tattoo machine needle!
One of the most popular choices for creating really dark pieces and shaded areas in tattoos. If there are no other needles used, this will create all of those fine details.
Also read: Top 7 Best Tattoo Power Supplies
- This tattoo ink is very dark and creates a deep black tattoo that can be used for any tattoo design.
- Vegan friendly
- The pigment in dynamic black tattoo ink means it will last longer than other tattoos (it doesn’t fade as fast) which makes it great to use on larger areas of skin.
- Price of this tattoo ink might make your wallet frown.
- Dries really quick so if you want to create any shading by hand with the tattoo machine then make sure you have extra time and patience!
- It’s not waterproof (if washed off quickly) or sweat proof. If covered in water within 30 minutes after application there could still be some damage done to the tattoo because it doesn’t dry well on skin when wet.
- One more thing about black pigment: It won’t always show up as nicely on lighter colored skin, so an alternative would be necessary for these cases.
Also Read: How Does a Rotary Tattoo Machine Works?
Millennium Moms tattoo ink is a top choice among tattoo artists. The inks are extremely vibrant, and this one comes in seven different colors, so you’re able to mix your own shades easily.
They also have an amazing range of metallic options that can’t be found anywhere else – absolutely perfect if you want something special!
It doesn’t contain any animal byproducts or harmful chemicals – it’s 100% vegan-friendly and safe for everyone to use. You don’t need a whole lot of pigment either; just one bottle is good enough to cover an entire arm with tattoos if necessary.
- The tattoo ink colors are highly vivid, which means that they’re easy to see and very precise when applying.
- There’s a great range of tattoo colors available in this tattoo ink set so you can have the perfect tattoo no matter what your preference!
- This tattoo ink is made with vegan, water based pigments.
- The tattoo set comes in all the best colors and shades for tattooing such as blue, green, purple etc.
- There’s an incredible amount of coverage provided at just
- This tattoo ink is not waterproof. If you’re looking for a tattoo that will last, this tattoo ink may be the wrong choice because it can’t handle water at all.
- The pigment in Millennium Moms Tattoo Ink sets are not as vivid and sharp as they could be.
- Not suitable to use with most tattoo machines on the market today
Also Read: How Do Tattoo Stencil Machines Works?
Starbrite tattoo ink is made from the highest quality ingredients, and they have a variety of tattoo inks that can be used on both light-skinned people and dark-skinned people, which makes it an ideal tattoo ink for artists to use.
Starbrite tattoo machine comes with stainless steel needles that are durable and provide exceptional results when tattooing clients.
These high-quality materials come at a premium price tag, but this means you will not need to replace your supplies every other month as some lower-cost brands may require.
The colors are vibrant, lasting up to two years without fading or changing color drastically over time, giving the artist more time between touch-ups!
Also Read: The Best Tattoo Machines for Beginners
- The tattoo ink is sterilized, making it one of the safest options for tattooing
- Starbrite tattoo machine comes with stainless steel needles that are durable and provide exceptional results when tattooing clients. These high-quality materials come at a premium price tag, but this means you will not need to replace your supplies every other month like some lower cost brands may require.
- The colors on the tattoo inks don’t fade or change color drastically overtime which gives artists more time between touch ups!
- Smooth consistency makes applying tattoos easier
- Comes in various dark shades including black
- It can be pricey depending on what type of product you’re buying.
Kuro Sumi tattoo ink is a tattoo pigment that penetrates the skin deeply. The shade is Black, and the texture is Semi-Permanent and Water Resistant.
This type of tattoo ink has an ultra-bright color with exceptional coverage. Double Sumi Tribal Black tattoo ink contains two types of black pigments mixed to create a deep dark shade.
This tattoo pigment creates rich shades for tattoos when used in combination with other colors or on its own.
Sumi Inks signify tattooing traditions from Japan. People would use this type of dye made from water and natural ingredients found around them, such as berries, roots, vegetables, tree bark, etc. They burned before applying to their bodies, creating various layers of intricate designs.
- It creates deep, dark tattoo pigment that makes it an ideal tattoo to use in conjunction with other colors or on its own.
- This tattoo ink is not the best for outlining tattoo designs because it can blur and smudge when applied outside its intended area.
Also Read: How To Use a Tattoo Stencil Machine
In this blog post, we’ve gone over what the 5 best inks for tattoos are. However, if you have a tattoo that needs to be colored or re-colored and needs some advice on which type of ink will work best, this article is here to help!
Whether you want an electric blue color or something more subtle, these five options should cover all your bases when it comes to finding the perfect ink for your tattoo.
We hope this guide has helped clear up any confusion about which types of inks are available so you can decide without feeling overwhelmed by all options out there. So, what’s your favorite kind of ink? Let us know in the comments below!
How does a Tattoo Machine Work?
Top 10 Best Rotary Tattoo Machines
How To Setup a Tattoo Machine
Best Motor For Rotary Tattoo Machine
Top 5 Best Tattoo Kits for Beginners
The Best Tattoo Machines for Beginners